Chapter Programs at Golf Courses
The First Tee uses golf to teach youth life lessons and leadership skills. Sessions include a fun, group setting for youth ages 7 to 18 regardless of background or previous experience. Teaming up with experts in positive youth development, The First Tee helps youth become good golfers and even better people.
A Youth Program Unlike Any Other
The First Tee emphasizes Nine Core Values: honesty, integrity, sportsmanship, respect, confidence, responsibility, perseverance, courtesy, and judgment. Through golf and our core values, your kids and teens will learn life skills like:
- Making proper introductions
- Managing emotions
- Resolving conflicts
- Setting up step-by-step goals
- Planning for the future
- Appreciating diversity
Advancing through the Program
From age 7 through 18, youth progress through different levels by demonstrating The First Tee Nine Core Values, life, and golf skills as well as passing an assessment. All participants regardless of age start at the PLAYer level. The pinnacle of the First Tee is completing Ace.
- PLAYer (required minimum age 7) – Tee up for the first time and learn the game of golf and The First Tee’s Code of Conduct.
- Par (recommended minimum age 9) – Focus on interpersonal and self-management skills on and off the course.
- Birdie (recommended minimum age 11) – Emphasis on setting goals and making them a reality.
- Eagle (recommended minimum age13) – Learn resilience, conflict resolution, and future planning.
- Ace (required minimum age 14 or entering 9th grade) – Put it all together and hone in on setting goals, career education, and giving back to the community.
Financial Aid is available!
The Power of Relationships
“I consider my coaches at The First Tee to be some of the most important mentors I had growing up.” –alumnus
The First Tee coaches are trained to create positive relationships that inspire youth to discover their individual potential. Our programs help young people build confidence, develop respect and appreciate the value of giving back to our community all while learning the lifelong sport of golf.